Sometimes getting started is the hardest part of any brand development project. I know I find it difficult to begin getting my creative energy flowing and wrapping my head around everything that is involved when it comes to branding. It took me years before I finally sat down and compiled the necessary information I needed to guide my thinking and ask the right questions to get the most out of my branding exercises.
Here is a list of questions that will help to get your thinking caps on nice and tight and into branding mode to use to improve upon on your brand:
- Who is your ideal customer?
- Why does your business exist besides making money?
- Is there more than one type of customer?
- What are the demographics of your customer?
- Who are you being in the world?
- What are you committed to?
- What can people count on you for?
- How are you different? What makes you unique?
- What do your customers want?
- What are your customers ultimately striving to achieve?
- What does your customer need from you? (Achievement, Significance, Belonging, Safety, Physical)
- What problem are you solving for your customer?
- What pain points do you solve?
- How would you describe your company in one word?
- Why do you want to help your customers?
- What or who is your competition?
- How do you make your customers feel?
- How are You different?
- Why do your customers trust you?
- What's your story?
- How does your logo communicate your brand?
- What does your voice sound like?
- What will happen when your purpose is successful?
- How will you measure the impact you’re going to have in the world?
Write down the answers that you come up with for each question. They will come in handy later when you begin to organize the information into your brand identity. Contact us for more information about how we can help build your brand.