Branding is an Integral Part of Successful Growth Marketing
What Every Small Business Owner Needs to Know
It does not matter what industry your business is in or how long the firm has been in business, without good branding you are dead in the water. Quality branding is an essential part of running a business these days, and building a solid brand is one of the most important things new business owners need to do.
Regardless of industry or years in business, branding and success go hand in hand. Building a solid brand will not happen overnight, but if you are diligent and dedicated, it will happen.
Essential Elements of a Great Brand
Branding should be an integral part of your growth marketing strategy, but what does it take to build a great brand? In a perfect world, your branding efforts would begin as soon as your business was up and running, but the timeframe is not as important as the finished product.
Whether you are growing your business for the future, getting your new startup off the ground or recovering from a marketing misstep, there are a number of essential elements your brand needs to contain. The essential elements of a great brand include:
- A memorable company name - The name should be easy to remember, instantly recognizable and highly distinctive
- A great logo - The logo is your business in representational form, so its quality will be critical to your success. A colorful logo that symbolizes your business is an essential part of your branding strategy.
- A consistent message - In order for your brand to be successful, you need to create a consistent message. Customers should be able to recognize your brand across all your online and offline properties, from the website to the front door.
Big Advantages of a Great Brand
There are big advantages to building a great brand, and in the end all your hard work will pay off. From creating a consistent identity for your company to driving more new customers through your doors, a solid brand is its own reward.
Here are some of the biggest advantages building a great brand can bring to your small business.
- Puts your small business on even footing with the big boys - It is not easy to compete as a small business, but a solid brand can make you look much bigger than you actually are.
- Builds trust - No one wants to do business with a company they do not know, but a great brand can help you build that initial trust.
- Great branding can jump start your advertising efforts - Marketing can be a big challenge for small businesses, but quality branding can give your advertising efforts a much-needed boost.
Whether you are running a brand new startup or growing an existing firm, quality branding can make a world of difference. To the outside world, your brand is your company, so it is important to get this right. Just think about the brands you respect, and what sets them apart from the rest, then build those elements into your own growth marketing strategy.