Why is My Brand Important?
Ever wonder why effective branding is important?
Here’s an example to think about: What is the first thing that comes to mind when people hear the name of your home services company?
Is there a thought that comes to them? What about a visual?
Do they consider anything at all?
Whatever comes to mind, it is because of your branding.
Branding is an important component of your company’s marketing strategy, and it may already be having an impact on your business more than you realize. With a well-executed branding strategy, you can make your home services business memorable to prospective and current customers, and you can become their go-to company when they require the services you provide.
We’ll go over what goes into a successful branding strategy, but first, let’s go over the fundamentals…
What is the Definition of a Brand?
Your company’s brand is much more than its name, logo, and slogan; it is how customers perceive your company.
Let’s conduct a quick test. When you read the names, what comes to mind…
You’ve probably heard of these brands before. And why not? They are one of the top ten brands in the world.
You most likely also considered something you associate with the brand, such as innovation, quenching your thirst, convenience, or luxury.
Check out how these businesses have aligned their brands through catchy slogans over the years:
- “Think Different” says Apple.
- “Taste the Feeling” by Coca-Cola
- “Better Normal For All” by Samsung
- “Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company,” according to Amazon.
- “The Best or Nothing,” says Mercedes-Benz.
As we can see, how consumers perceive a company is not by chance; it is heavily influenced by how that company structures itself in the public’s mind—specifically, through its brand message.
How Can Good Branding Help You Get More Job Offers?
When you have strong branding for your home services business, it becomes more meaningful, relevant, and enticing to the people you want as new customers.
With a high level of brand awareness, the potential customer:
- Easily locates your company among a list of service providers.
- Keeps in mind what you stand for, and
- Has a conscious or subliminal desire to collaborate with you.
When a prospect is deciding between you and your top competitors, this tips the scales in your favor.
Remember, better branding equals more sales!
3 Tips for Developing a Stronger Brand Strategy
So, how do you create a brand that people want to do business with?
Follow these three suggestions for developing a stronger brand strategy:
1. Match Your Brand to Your Mission and Value Proposition
Consider what is most important to your home services business as well as what your objectives are. What is the main goal you want to achieve for your customers?
A fantastic customer experience?
Do you want to relax?
Define your value proposition or the most important benefits you provide to clients. This should be what distinguishes your home services company from the competition.
2. Maintain Consistent Branding
Nothing kills a brand faster than a lack of consistency!
Customers will be confused or have difficulty connecting with your business if your website does not include the correct business name or logo, or if it does not include a consistent brand voice or tone throughout.
Effective branding involves maintaining consistency in your online presence by:
- Online business listings
- Social media profiles
3. Increase Brand Awareness Using Online Marketing
When you’re first starting, your goal is to get your company in front of as many potential customers as possible—especially those who fit the profile of your ideal customers (i.e., homeowners, people in certain locations, multi-family residential property owners, etc.).
The Internet is an excellent medium for raising awareness and effective branding.
Why? Because 93% of adults in the United States are now online.
Here are a few of the many online marketing tools that your home services company can employ to get viewed online:
- Website: Your website is your company’s digital face, and it makes an important first impression.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): SEO allows you to be found by people looking for home services similar to the ones you provide.
- Paid Search Ads: These ads increase the visibility of your business on search engine results pages and are targeted based on keywords, location, and other factors.
- Social media ads get your business in front of prospective customers while they’re scrolling through their social media feeds. Audiences can be targeted based on user demographics, location, interests, and other factors.
- Display Ads: You can place display ads on websites that your potential customers are likely to visit, such as news and industry-related sites.
- Content marketing entails creating digital content that provides useful information to prospective customers, and plays an important part in customer retention. This includes content such as how-to videos and blog posts that answer frequently asked questions. A content marketing strategy can help you get your name out there and positions your company as an authority in your industry.